Asian Pork Belly & Watermelon Salad
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 2 1/2 hours
- 1 pound Swift Premium® Pork Belly
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 2 tablespoons hoisin
- 2 teaspoons mirin
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium-sized watermelon, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a sheet pan with foil and place a wire rack inside sheet pan. Combine sugar, salt, and chinese five spice; remove pork belly from package and season with mixture. Place onto wire rack; cook for 2 hours. Remove pork belly from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Once cooled, cut into ½” cubes.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, heat canola oil and add pork belly cubes. Allow to brown lightly on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Combine hoisin, mirin, sriracha, and soy sauce; remove skillet from heat and add mixture. Serve pork belly with watermelon and sprinkle with mint; salt to taste.