Asian Meatballs with Sweet-Spicy Dipping Sauce
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 14 to 18 minutes
Serves: Makes about 34 meatballs, or 10 to 12 appetizer servings
- 1 pound Swift Premium® Ground Pork
- 3/4 cups very finely chopped napa cabbage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons very finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 teaspoons plain fine-dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon oriental sesame seed oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Dipping Sauce:
- 1/2 cup red plum jam
- 5 teaspoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Sriacha hot chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Line a 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- Mix cabbage and salt in large bowl; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in onion, ginger, breadcrumbs, sesame seed oil, and soy sauce. Add pork; mix (do not overwork meat mixture). With damp hands, form mixture into 1 inch balls. Place on prepared baking pan.
- For sauce, combine jam, vinegar, chili sauce, and soy sauce. Remove 3 tablespoons sauce and use to lightly brush meatballs. Bake meatballs in oven for 14 to 18 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted near centers reads 160° F.
- If desired, warm remaining sauce. Transfer meatballs to warmed serving dish. Serve with sauce for dipping. Or toss meatballs with sauce and keep warm in a mini slow cooker.