Southwestern Ground Pork Nachos
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 12 to 15 minutes
Serves: Makes 4 main-dish servings, or 8 appetizer servings
- 1 pound Swift Premium® Ground Pork
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- Half of a 13 ounce bag restaurant-style tortilla chips
- 2 cups finely shredded 4-cheese Mexican blend (8 ounces)
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 1/4 cup canned sliced jalapeño chiles, drained
- Desired toppings, such as salsa, guacamole, sour cream, and/or cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Brown pork with chili powder, garlic salt, onion powder, and cumin in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat about 6 minutes or until pork is no longer pink, breaking pork in to 3/4 inch crumbles.
- To assemble nachos, place one-third of the tortilla chips in a single layer on a 12 inch round baking sheet. Sprinkle with one-fourth of the cheese; then one-third each of the pork mixture, beans, tomato, and jalapeños. Repeat layers 2 more times, mounding the nacho platter by making each layer slightly smaller than the previous layer. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake nachos in oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until cheese layers are evenly melted. Serve immediately and, if desired, with toppings.