Southwestern Style Pork Stuffed Chilies
Prep Time: 50 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes
- 4 large poblano chilies*
- 2/3 cup finely shredded cheddar Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 12 ounces Swift Premium® Ground Pork with Taco Seasoning
- 1 cup frozen cooked long grain white rice
- 1/2 cup medium-hot chunky salsa
- Sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven broiler. Place chilies on baking sheet lined with foil. Broil 4 inches from heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until skins evenly blister, turning occasionally. Transfer chilies to a glass bowl; cover tightly with plastic wrap. Let stand 10 minutes. Remove skins. Carefully, slit chilies lengthwise to open. Discard seeds and stems.
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Lightly spray a 9 inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside 3 tablespoons of cheese.
- Brown pork in large skillet, breaking pork into small crumbles. Drain and discard juices. Stir in rice, salsa and remaining cheese. Lay chilies flat; spoon mixture in centers. Fold up sides, partially covering filling. Place chilies in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with reserved cheese.
- Cover dish with foil. Bake 15 minutes. Uncover; bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until heated through. If desired, top with sour cream.
- * For a milder flavor, substitute 4 medium-large green or red bell peppers for the poblano chilies.