Southwestern Style Pork Stuffed Chilies
Prep Time: 50 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes
- 4 large poblano chilies*
- 2/3 cup finely shredded cheddar Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 1 pound Swift Premium® Ground Pork
- 1 packet dry taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup frozen cooked long grain white rice
- 1/2 cup medium-hot chunky salsa
- Sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven broiler. Place chilies on baking sheet lined with foil. Broil 4 inches from heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until skins evenly blister, turning occasionally. Transfer chilies to a glass bowl; cover tightly with plastic wrap. Let stand 10 minutes. Remove skins. Carefully, slit chilies lengthwise to open. Discard seeds and stems.
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Lightly spray a 9 inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside 3 tablespoons of cheese.
- Brown pork in large skillet, breaking pork into small crumbles. Add taco seasoning packet, stir and heat through. Drain and discard juices. Stir in rice, salsa and remaining cheese. Lay chilies flat; spoon mixture in centers. Fold up sides, partially covering filling. Place chilies in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with reserved cheese.
- Cover dish with foil. Bake 15 minutes. Uncover; bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until heated through. If desired, top with sour cream.
- * For a milder flavor, substitute 4 medium-large green or red bell peppers for the poblano chilies.