Spicy Pork Stuffed Jalapenos
Prep Time: 55 minutes
Cook Time: 18 to 22 minutes
Serves: 24 to 28, or 12 to 14 appetizer servings
- 12 ounces Swift Premium® Ground Pork
- 24 to 28 large fresh jalapeño chiles
- 1 1/4 cups finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese (5 ounces)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 large clove garlic, minced (3/4 teaspoon)
- 6 or 7 slices bacon, quartered crosswise
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to boil.
- Cut a thin, lengthwise slice off of each jalapeño; reserve slices. Remove and discard seeds and membranes from jalapeños. Blanch jalapeños in boiling salted water about 1 minute or until slightly soft, but still firm. Rinse with cold water; drain on paper towels.
- Very finely chop jalapeño slices. Combine chopped jalapeño, pork, cheese, chili powder, salt, cumin, and garlic. Stuff mixture into jalapeños, mounding slightly. Top each with a piece of bacon; secure with wooden toothpicks, if necessary.
- Place stuffed jalapeños on rack in shallow baking pan and bake in oven for 18 to 22 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted near centers reads 160° F. Remove from oven and cover to keep warm.
- Preheat oven broiler. Broil 4 inches from heat about 1 minute or just until bacon is slightly crisp. Cool slightly; remove toothpicks before serving.