Taco Enchilada Bake with Lime Crema Drizzle
Prep Time: 25-30 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- 1 package Swift Premium Taco Flavored Ground Pork
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1, 14.5 ounce can fire roasted tomatoes, diced and drained
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 24 ounces red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 12 corn tortillas
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 cup green onion, sliced
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground pork, about 5 minutes or until the pork is cooked through. Stir in the tomatoes and ½ teaspoon salt and continue to cook for a few more minutes. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, combine 2 tablespoons canola oil and flour. Whisk together and allow to bubble for 1 minute. Pour in the red enchilada sauce, chicken broth, and ½ teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons canola oil. Lightly fry the tortillas until soft. Do not crisp. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat until all the tortillas have been fried.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spread ½ cup of the sauce in the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish or bowl. Next, one at a time, dip each tortilla into the sauce. Set the sauce-soaked tortilla on a plate. Place some of the taco seasoned ground pork mixture and a few pinches of cheddar cheese and roll up fairly tight and place into a casserole dish.
- Place the tortilla seam side down in the baking dish. Repeat with the rest of the tortillas and pour the remaining sauce over the top. Sprinkle generously with the remaining cheese. Bake the enchiladas for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly.
- For the lime crema, whisk sour cream, lime juice, and salt to taste; set aside.
- Sprinkle chopped green onion over the top and drizzle with lime crema in a crisscross fashion and serve.