Steakhouse Pork Chop with Herb-Shallot Butter
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 to 25 minutes
- Four 12 to 14 ounce Swift Premium® Bone In Pork Chops, cut 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inch thick (Porterhouse or Ribeye Pork Chops)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Herb-Shallot Butter:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 to 5 teaspoons minced fresh herbs, such as rosemary leaves, thyme, chives, or chervil
- 4 teaspoons minced shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Remove pork chops from refrigerator 15 minutes before cooking. Pat pork chops dry with paper towels. Rub oil on both sides of pork chops; season with salt, garlic-pepper, and onion powder.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350º F. Stir together butter, herbs, shallot, orange peel, and salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
- Heat a 12 inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add chops and sear both sides. Transfer skillet with chops to oven and roast for 15 to 25 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted near centers of chops reads 145° F.
- Transfer chops to a warmed serving platter and top with butter. Loosely cover with foil; let rest for 3 minutes before serving.