Grilled Jamaican Pork Chops with Pineapple-Mango Salsa
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 8 to 9 minutes
- 4, 5 to 6 ounce Swift Premium® Boneless Pork Loin Chops, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup diced fresh pineapple*
- 1/2 cup diced mango
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeño peppers
- Salt to taste
- Pat pork chops dry with paper towels. Rub oil on both sides of pork chops. Combine jerk seasoning and brown sugar; rub on pork chops. If desired, cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- For salsa, combine pineapple, mango, onion, red pepper, lime juice and jalapeño. Season to taste with salt. If desired, cover and let stand at room temperature for up to 2 hours.
- Preheat gas grill to medium for direct grilling. Grill chops, uncovered, for 8 to 9 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted near center reads 145° F, turning chops over halfway through grilling.
- Transfer chops to serving platter. Loosely cover with foil; let rest for 3 minutes. Serve chops with salsa.
- * For a naturally sweeter salsa, lightly brush 1/2 inch thick slices of fresh pineapple with canola oil. Grill, uncovered, directly over medium heat about 3 minutes on each side or until grill marks appear. Dice pineapple and continue preparing salsa as directed.