Italian Style Pork Fries with Pesto
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 pounds Swift Premium® Boneless Pork Loin Roast or Loin Chops, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 tablespoon salt, coarse ground
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano, crumbled
- 2 cups panko
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- Extra virgin olive oil for frying, plus 2-4 tablespoons for pesto
- 1 cup prepared pesto
- Flaky salt
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Sprinkle the pork with salt and pepper. Mix the oregano into the panko in a large bowl. Place the eggs in another large bowl or pie plate.
- Heat 1/4 inch of oil in a large, heavy skillet until simmering. Dredge the pork in the eggs and then coat in the panko. Cook pork in the oil in batches until golden brown on all sides, about 1-2 minutes per side. Transfer to a sheet pan lined with paper towels. Sprinkle with flaky salt and transfer to the oven to keep warm. Repeat coating the pork and cooking in batches.
- Stir 2-4 tablespoons of uncooked olive oil into the pesto and serve with the pork fries.