Japanese Style Pork Fries with Wasabi Dipping Sauce
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 pounds Swift Premium® Boneless Pork Loin Roast or Loin Chops, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 tablespoon salt, coarse ground
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 2 cups panko
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- Safflower or peanut oil for frying
- Teriyaki sauce
- For the Wasabi Dipping Sauce:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared wasabi
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Sprinkle the pork with salt. Mix the sesame seeds into the panko in a large bowl. Place the eggs in another large bowl or pie plate.
- Heat 1/4 inch of oil in a large, heavy skillet until simmering. Dredge the pork in the eggs and then coat in the panko. Cook pork in the oil in batches until golden brown on all sides, about 1-2 minutes per side. Transfer to a sheet pan lined with paper towels and transfer to the oven to keep warm. Repeat coating the pork and cooking in batches.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, soy sauce and wasabi. Serve with the teriyaki sauce and pork fries.