Oven-Baked Pork Chops Italiano
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 14 to 16 minutes
- Four 5 to 6 ounce boneless pork loin chops
- Garlic salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1/4 cups plain panko
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Tomato pasta sauce, heated
- Remove pork chops from refrigerator 15 minutes before cooking. Season chops with garlic salt.
- Preheat oven to 425º F. Combine Parmesan and Italian seasoning; sprinkle on both sides of each chop, pressing to adhere.
- Combine egg and milk in a shallow bowl. Place panko on a plate. Dip chops in egg mixture; drain off excess. Dredge in panko, pressing it on to coat all sides. Lightly spray rack in broiling pan with olive oil. Place chops on rack; generously spray chops with olive oil.
- Bake chops in oven for 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly golden and instant-read thermometer inserted near centers reads 145° F. Loosely cover with foil; let rest for 3 minutes.
- To serve, spoon sauce over chops and sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese.