Philly Cheesesteak Pork Pasta
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds Swift Premium® Boneless Pork Loin Roast or Loin Chops, frozen for 10 minutes then cut into strips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt, coarse ground
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 bell peppers, thinly sliced (any color)
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- 4 cups chicken broth or chicken bone broth
- 1/4 cup half & half
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, chopped
- 2 ounces smoked provolone cheese, chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated, plus more for serving
- Hot sauce
- Sprinkle the pork with 1 teaspoon of the salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over high heat and add half the meat. Cook without stirring until browned, about 1-2 minutes. Turn and cook another minute. Move cooked strips of pork to a plate and repeat with another tablespoon of oil and the remaining meat.
- Add another tablespoon of oil and the mushrooms to the pot. Sprinkle with the remaining salt and cook until nicely browned, about 6 minutes. Add the onions and peppers and cook until softened, another 5 minutes. Add the pasta and broth and bring to a boil. Stirring frequently, cook until pasta is al dente, about 9-11 minutes. Stir in the half & half and all the cheeses, season well with hot sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Let stand 5 minutes to absorb any extra liquid. Serve hot with additional parmesan cheese.