Pork Fries with Garlic Aioli
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 pounds Swift Premium® Boneless Pork Loin Roast or Loin Chops, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 tablespoon salt, coarse ground
- 4 teaspoons thyme, dried
- 2 cups panko
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- Extra virgin olive oil for frying, plus 2-4 tablespoons for pesto
- Flaky salt
- For the Garlic Aioli:
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, coarse ground
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Sprinkle the pork with salt and pepper. Mix the thyme into the panko in a large bowl. Place the eggs in another large bowl or pie plate.
- Heat 1/4 inch of oil in a large, heavy skillet until simmering. Dredge the pork in the eggs and then coat in the panko. Cook pork in the oil in batches until golden brown on all sides, about 1-2 minutes per side. Transfer to a sheet pan lined with paper towels. Sprinkle with flaky salt and transfer to the oven to keep warm. Repeat coating the pork and cooking in batches.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, chop the garlic with the salt until it forms a paste. Add the remaining aioli ingredients and serve with pork fries.