Bistro-Style Holiday Pork Panini
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 1 to 1 1/2 hours
- One Swift Premium® Sirloin Tip Roast
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Canola oil
- 10 to 12 ounces very thinly sliced provolone or fontina cheese
- 3/4 to 1 cup cranberry relish or chutney
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups arugula leaves
- 12 to 16 1/2 inch thick slices country or ciabatta bread
- Preheat oven to 325º F. Combine cinnamon, ginger, salt, nutmeg, and pepper. Pat roast dry with paper towels. Rub with 1 tablespoon oil, then with spice mixture.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Roast, uncovered, in oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until instant-read thermometer inserted near center reads 145° F. Transfer roast to cutting board. Cool at room temperature for 1 hour. Tightly wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- For sandwiches, very thinly slice pork. Layer half of the cheese, then the pork, relish, and arugula on half of the bread slices. Top with remaining cheese and bread slices.
- To grill sandwiches, preheat panini press according to manufacturer’s directions. Lightly brush hot grids with oil. Place sandwich in the press. Close lid and apply slight pressure. Cook without disturbing for 5 to 8 minutes or until bread is golden and cheese is melted. Cut each sandwich diagonal in half and place on plates to serve.