Cajun Pork Roast with Slaw
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 1 to 1 1/2 hours
- One Swift Premium® Sirloin Tip Roast
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Crusty rolls, split
- Cajun Slaw
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 2 tablespoons bottled coleslaw salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon Creole or stone-ground Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Combine paprika, garlic powder, oregano, salt, thyme, onion powder, and black and red peppers. Pat roast dry with paper towels. Rub with oil, then with spice mixture.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Roast, uncovered, in oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until instant-read thermometer inserted near center reads 145°F. Transfer roast to cutting board. Cool at room temperature for 1 hour. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- To serve, combine cabbage, apple, salad dressing, and mustard. Very thinly slice pork. Serve pork in rolls topped with cabbage slaw.