Coriander-Peppercorn Crusted Pork Loin with Gingered Applesauce
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 to 1 1/4 hours
- One 4 to 4 1/2 pound Swift Premium® Boneless Pork Half Loin Roast
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons coriander seed, crushed
- 1 tablespoon tri-colored or black peppercorns, crushed
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- Gingered Applesauce
- 1 cup chunky-style applesauce
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Pat roast dry with paper towels. If necessary, trim outer fat to 1/16 inch. Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Spread mustard over top and sides.
- Combine coriander, peppercorns, salt, and thyme. Press spice mixture evenly onto mustard. Roast, uncovered, in oven for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until instant-read thermometer inserted near center reads 145°F. (If necessary, loosely cover pork with foil to prevent over-browning.)
- For sauce, combine applesauce and ginger in small saucepan; heat until warm.
- Transfer roast to cutting board. Loosely cover with foil; let rest for 3 minutes. Carve slices; serve with applesauce.