Pork Roast with Honey-Spiced Sweet Potatoes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 65 to 75 minutes
- One 4 to 4 1/2 pound Swift Premium® Boneless Pork Half Loin Roast
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Honey-Spiced Sweet Potatoes
- 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, and/or yams, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut into 1/4 inch thick wedges
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Combine cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice.
- For potatoes, place sweet potatoes and onion in large bowl. Stir together 1/4 cup oil, honey, and 1 tablespoon of spice mixture. Drizzle over sweet potatoes; toss to coat evenly. Set potatoes aside.
- Pat pork roast dry with paper towels. If necessary, trim outer fat to 1/16 inch. Rub top and sides with 1 tablespoon olive oil and remaining spice mixture. Place pork on rack in large shallow roasting pan lined with foil. Roast, uncovered, in oven for 40 minutes.
- Arrange potatoes evenly around roast. Continue roasting pork with potatoes for 25 to 35 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted near center reads 145°F. and potatoes are tender, stirring potatoes twice during roasting.
- Transfer roast to cutting board. Loosely cover with foil; let pork rest for 3 minutes. Return pan with potatoes to oven to keep warm. To serve, carve pork and arrange on platter with potatoes.