Roasted Pork Loin with Riesling Fruit Compote
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 55 to 75 minutes
- One 4 to 4 1/2 pound Swift Premium® Boneless Pork Half Loin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 10 cipollini onions
- 1 7 ounce package dried Mediterranean apricots, quartered
- 1 1/2 cups pitted prunes, halved
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 to 2 1/4 cups Riesling
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- For fruit mixture, pour boiling water over onions in large bowl; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain, remove peel, and quarter onions. Return onions to bowl; add apricots, prunes, and cranberries. Heat 2 cups Riesling until hot; pour over onions and fruit; let stand about 5 minutes or until fruit is slightly softened.
- Meanwhile, pat roast dry with paper towels. Combine oil and orange peel; rub over roast. Combine brown sugar, apple pie spice, and salt; rub evenly over roast.
- Place roast on rack in shallow pan. Arrange fruit mixture with its wine evenly around roast. Roast pork, uncovered, in oven for 45 minutes. Stir fruit. (If fruit appears dry, add just enough of the remaining wine to moisten.) Continue roasting for 10 to 30 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted near center reads 145° F.
- Transfer roast to cutting board. Loosely cover with foil; let rest for 3 minutes. Carve slices; arrange pork on serving platter with fruit.