Sunday Pork Pot Roast Dinner
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 60 to 70 minutes
- One Swift Premium® Sirloin Tip Roast
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound Yukon gold or red potatoes, quartered
- 1 1/4 cups baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 2 large shallots, peeled and cut into 1 inch wedges
- 5 large garlic cloves, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Pat pork dry with paper towels; lightly season with salt and pepper. Brown roast in hot oil in a 5 to 6 quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Arrange potatoes, carrots, shallots, and garlic around pork. Add broth, wine, and thyme; toss to evenly coat vegetables. Cover and cook in oven for 30 minutes.
- Uncover; toss vegetables. Continue cooking, uncovered, in oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted near center reads 155° F. Transfer roast to cutting board. (If vegetables are not tender, transfer vegetables without the juices to a pan and return to oven for 5 minutes.) Loosely cover pork with foil; let rest for 5 minutes.
- To make juices for serving, remove thyme from juices. Heat juices in Dutch oven over high heat and reduce to 2/3 cup.
- To serve, carve pork. Arrange on serving platter with vegetables. Serve juices alongside pork and vegetables.