Hoisin-Glazed Five-Spiced Baby Backribs
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 1 1/2 to 2 hours
- Two racks Swift Premium® Pork Loin Backribs (5 to 5 1/2 pounds total)
- 3 tablespoons Chinese five spice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Hoisin-Honey Glaze:
- 3/4 cup apricot nectar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons seasoned rice vinegar
- Combine Chinese five spice, salt, pepper, and onion powder; rub on both sides of ribs. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 to 6 hours.
- Meanwhile, for glaze, combine nectar, honey, hoisin sauce, ginger, and vinegar.
- Preheat gas grill to medium for indirect grilling (300 to 350°F). Place ribs, bone sides down, over indirect heat. Grill, covered, for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until tender, generously brushing with glaze 2 or 3 times during the last 40 minutes of grilling. Transfer ribs to cutting board. Cut into serving-size portions; brush with remaining glaze before serving.