Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 16 to 19 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes and/or yams, peeled
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- Adjust oven racks to upper half of oven. Preheat oven to 425º F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- Cut potatoes into ¼ inch thick slices. Place slices between paper towels; firmly press to remove moisture from potatoes*. Cut slices into ¼ inch wide sticks. Place potatoes in a very large, heavy plastic bag. Sprinkle with cornstarch; shake until evenly coated. Drizzle with oil; shake until coated.
- Place potatoes in a single layer on prepared baking sheets (do not crowd). Bake in oven 10 minutes. Turn fries over using wide spatula. Bake for 6 to 9 minutes or until tips begin to brown and fries are slightly dry.
- Sprinkle hot fries with garlic salt, salt and if desired, sugar. Toss; serve with Swift Premium® Dry Rubbed St. Louis Style Ribs with Whiskey Black Pepper Seasoning.
- * Because sweet potatoes contain more moisture than regular white potatoes, they will not form a crunchy crust. To prevent sweet potato fries from becoming soggy, press out as much moisture as you can from the potato slices and do not crowd the fries on the baking sheets.