Apple-Glazed Country-Style Pork Ribs
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours
Serves: 6 to 8
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds boneless country style pork ribs, from pork shoulder roast
- 2 1/2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse-ground black pepper
- Apple cider or water, for misting
- Apple Glaze:
- 2/3 cup apple jelly
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- For rub, combine apple pie spice, salt, and pepper; rub on all sides of ribs. Tightly wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, for glaze, combine jelly, lemon juice, butter, and apple pie spice in small saucepan; heat and stir just until jelly is melted.
- Preheat gas grill to medium-low for indirect grilling (300°F to 350° F.). Place ribs over indirect heat. Grill, covered, for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours or until tender, lightly misting with apple cider or water several times after 1 hour of grilling, and turning and brushing with glaze during the last 30 minutes of grilling.
- Transfer ribs to cutting board. Cut into serving-size portions; brush with remaining glaze before serving.