Pork with Maple-Mesquite Baked Beans
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 3 1/4 to 3 1/2 hours
- One 3 to 3/12 Swift Premium® Boneless Pork Shoulder Butt Roast
- 1 1.06 ounce package McCormick® Grill Mates® Mesquite Marinade mix
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse-ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Easy Baked Beans
- 8 ounces bacon, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 1/3 cup bottled plain barbecue sauced
- 3 15 ounce cans beans, drained and rinsed (such as pinto, navy, and/or black beans)
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Pat roast dry with paper towels. Combine 2 teaspoons of mesquite mix, brown sugar, paprika, salt, and pepper. Rub roast with oil, then spice mixture.
- Place roast in 4 or 5-quart Dutch oven; add 1/2 cup water. Roast, covered, in oven roast for 2 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, for beans, set aside 1 teaspoon of remaining mesquite mix. Cook bacon in large skillet over medium-high heat about 5 minutes until brown, but not crisp. Add onion; cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat; stir in syrup, barbecue sauce, beans, and remaining mesquite mix in package.
- Remove and discard cooking liquid in Dutch oven. Spoon beans around roast. Cover and continue to roast for 45 to 60 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted near center reads 195ºF to 200°F. and pork is tender.
- Remove from oven. Stir reserved 1 teaspoon mesquite mix into beans. Let pork and beans rest, covered, for 5 minutes. To serve, slice pork and serve with beans.