Pulled Pork Wonton Tacos with Mint Pickled Onions
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup prepared pulled pork, warmed (see recipes Slow Cooker Pulled Pork and Pressure Cooker Pulled Pork)
- 1 large lime
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, coarse ground
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped
- 8 wonton wrappers
- 1/2 cup savoy cabbage, finely chopped
- 1/2 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup sour cream mixed with 1 tablespoon lime juice or water
- oil for frying
- Using a microplane, finely grate the lime zest into a large bowl. Squeeze the lime juice into the bowl, reserving 1 tablespoon for the sour cream. Stir in the red onion, salt, sugar and mint. Let stand at room temperature.
- At the same time, heat 1 inch of oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until it reaches 350°F. One at a time, hold a wonton wrapper with metal tongs in the hot oil, holding the wonton open to form a shell. Fry until golden brown and crisp, about 1 minute. Transfer to a pan lined with paper towel and repeat with the remaining wrappers.
- Fill each wrapper with a tablespoon of pork, a sprinkling of cabbage, avocado, and a drizzle of the sour cream mixture. Plate and serve.