Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low
- 1, 3 1/2 to 4 pound Swift Premium® Boneless Pork Shoulder Butt Roast, cut into 6 pieces
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons salt, coarse ground
- 1 tablespoon hot smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup chicken bone broth (or chicken or vegetable broth)
- Combine brown sugar, rosemary, salt, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper. Rub over all sides of each piece of pork.
- Brown the pork in a skillet, then transfer meat to a slow cooker. Deglaze the skillet with the broth and pour browned bits and broth into the slow cooker. Add the vinegar to the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the pork and place in a bowl. Skim some of the fat from the liquid remaining in the pot. Shred the pork into small pieces and top with the remaining liquid from the pot.