Honey-Beer Braised Pork Roast
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 2 1/4 to 2 3/4 hours
- One Swift Premium® Petite Pork Roast
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped sweet onion
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 garlic clove, minced (1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 12-ounce bottle honey ale beer
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Pat pork roast dry with paper towels. Tie roast together with string. Brown all sides of roast in 2 tablespoons hot oil in 4-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Remove roast from Dutch oven. Reduce heat to medium.
- Cook onion, carrots, and garlic in remaining 2 tablespoons oil about 4 minutes or until slightly tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in beer, 2 tablespoons honey, salt, and pepper. Add roast. Return to heat; bring to boil.
- Cover and brais in oven for 2 1/4 to 2 3/4 hours or until tender. Add remaining 1 teaspoon honey. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Carve pork; serve with vegetables, if desired, reserved juices as au jus.