Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 15 to 20 minutes
Serves: Makes 3, 1/2 cups, or 6 servings
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked jasmine rice
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 teaspoons Asian toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup thinly bias-sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, plus extra for garnish*
- Rinse rice in strainer under cold running water. Drain; transfer to a medium sized saucepan. Add water and salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.
- Drizzle sesame seed oil over rice. Gently fluff rice with chopsticks or fork to combine. Stir in onion and 2 tablespoons sesame seed. Transfer rice to a serving dish; sprinkle with additional sesame seed, if desired.
- Serve with Swift Premium Petite Pork Roast.
- *To toast sesame seeds, place seeds in a clean heavy skillet over medium heat. Heat, stirring constantly, for 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly colored. Transfer to a plate to cool.